Gift Voucher Concepts
- Gift Vouchers in Salon Swift are created at the Point of Sale.
- When you create one you should copy the physical voucher you give to your client. (IE: Same number, same amount etc)
- After a client has purchased the Gift Voucher they will be stored in Salon Swift until they are redeemed by a client.
- When Gift Vouchers are redeemed, Salon Swift remembers if the voucher has any left over credit for the client's next visit.
How to Sell a Gift Voucher
Getting to the Add Voucher Screen
- At the POS screen click the Add Sale button on the right.
- Click the Voucher button on the left of the Add Sale screen.
- Click the New Custom Voucher button to the top centre of the screen.
Changing the Details of the Voucher
- If your printed vouchers have a number on them (and they should), give the voucher a number that matches the printed voucher by changing the Id in the Unique Voucher ID input.(IE: If your printed voucher is number 43 make the Unique Voucher ID 43 also, this way they will match when the client brings the voucher in.)
- Leave the Barcode as it is, this is for an upcoming feature in a future release of Salon Swift
- Give the Voucher a dollar Value by changing the default dollar amount.
- All Vouchers have a default Expiry Date. To read about changing the default expiry date so you don't have to change it each time please read Point of Sale Settings. If you do need to change the expiry date, adjust the Expires input to select a new expiry date.
- Most vouchers don't need notes but you are free to add any in the notes input box that you wish.
- When done press the Add button with the + symbol then the OK button with the tick symbol.
Being paid for the voucher
If you've followed the above steps the gift voucher will be in the POS screen ready to be paid for. You can now ask your client how they'd like to pay (IE: Cash, Credit Card, etc).
- Simply Press the Payment Type button (EG: The Cash button) in the bottom left of the POS screen to accept their payment type, then OK at the calculator.
- End the Sale with the End Sale button and the Gift Voucher will be created and stored in Salon Swift for when the client who receives it comes in at a later date.
To learn how to let a client use a gift voucher that has been purchased within Salon Swift please read How To Use Gift vouchers.