Salon Swift can help with staff rostering in two ways.
1) Set rosters that doesn't change from week to week
2) Rotating rosters that changes regularly / semi regularly
This article will show you how to setup a rotating roster.
How to find the rotating roster settings:
- Choose Menu - Admin - Employees - Add / Edit
- On the left, choose the employee's name
- In the middle, choose the Roster / Lunch tab
- At the top, choose the Advanced Availability tab
How to add a rotating roster
1. The first thing to do is to choose a date. In the Date dropdown, near the top right, choose the date
2. The second thing you need to do is determine the hours the employee will work. Click into the small appointment book column and drag the hours (as shows in the image below)
3. Now we want to say how often it repeats. Choose the Recurrence drop down near the top. The options are varied but in this example, we will have the employee work every second week on that day. Choose the Weekly tab, make sure the day is ticked and put a 2 into the Recur every input box.
4. Click out of the Recurrence box (in a blank place on the screen) and you will see the date appear in the Rostered entries column just to the left. There will be a (R) in front of the date if there is a recurrence.
In the above example the employee will be working on Monday the 3/10/2012 and will be rostered to work every 2nd Monday from then on.
Using the above instructions you can do things like:
- every second Tuesday / Thursday etc.
- first friday of every month
- every second day