General Appointment Concepts
- General Appointments in Salon Swift are not linked to services or pricing and are not taken to Point of Sale.
- They are primarily used as blocking out time, for example to see a sales rep or take the afternoon off.
How to Create a General Appointment
- In the Calendar, click ONCE (single click) or drag over where you want the General Appointment to begin.
- On the right hand side of the screen click the New Appointment button.
- From the drop down menu choose General Appointment
- Choose a Type of Appointment on the top left (or leave as General if none of those categories suit you)
- You can change the employee, but it will be set on the person who's column you clicked at Step 1.
- We recommend leaving the Start time and End time as is. The Start time will be set to what you clicked at Step 1 and the End time can be adjusted in the Appointment Book by resizing the appointment (read Changing appointment lengths for more info).
- Type any notes you may have. This is not necessary, but you may want to write something like "Doctor Appointment" or "L'Oreal Rep}" etc.
- Choose the OK button and the General Appointment is created.
- Once you have created the general appointment you can make it reoccurring by double click the general appointment and select Recur. Then Select how often the appointment will reoccur and click Ok
How to Edit a General Appointment
- Double click the General Appointment in the Appointment book.
- The General Appointment screen will appear, make any changes necessary and choose the OK button.
How to Delete a General Appointment
- Click once on the General Appointment in the Appointment book (Single click).
- Press the Delete Key on the Keyboard.