To use these instructions please make sure you are viewing the Calendar
- "Service Appointments" or Appointments are the lifeblood of Salon Swift. You create them, move them, confirm them, edit them, delete them, in fact you spend most of your time in the appointment book dealing with clients and their appointments. Because of this we've made them as easy to create and keep track of as possible. You don't want to be struggling with the most used part of the software.
- They're pretty straight forward to get used to but we've created this part of the manual to give you further insight and ensure you're making the most of this important tool.
How to create an appointment
In this example, client Mary Smith is booking in at 10am this Friday in your column. She wants a Full Head of Foils and a Ladies Style Cut. (This lessons assumes all your services are setup. If they're not please read Adding and Editing Services first)
- Move the mouse to where you want to create the appointment (EG: 10am on Friday in your column) and double click.
- Start typing your client's name. (In this example, Mary Smith)
- As you type, a list of client names will appear.
- When you find the client you're after, simply choose their namewith the mouse
- If the client you're typing is a new client and they are not in the database, simply enter their first and last name then press TAB and enter their phone number. When the appointment is created the new client will also be created. In this way the create appointment tool can also create new clients if needed.
- After you've selected your client's name move over to the right hand side of the screen and choose the service category you're after in the Service Filter area. In this example, we'll choose the category that contains the Full Head of Foils. In our database this is called Foils, in yours it may be Colour, or whatever you named it.
- After clicking on the category, all the services in that category appear in the Service Selection column in the middle. Double click the serviceyou're after (in this example, the Full Head Foils).
- Note: When you double click a service name it appears in the bottom right in the box called Services Selected for Appointment. Think of this area as a shopping cart when you do online shopping. Any services you want in this appointment must be in this area before you complete the appointment.
- Now let's add the next service, in this case a Ladies Style Cut. Move the mouse again to the categories on the right and select the appropriate category (ours is called Haircuts, yours may be different).
- Again, back to the middle Service Selection and double click the serviceyou're after (Ladies Style Cut).
- If you look at the box in the bottom right corner you'll see there are now two services there. If not you may have not double clicked properly and should try again
- Now that you have the services you need simply press the large Complete button and the appointment will be made.
How to edit an appointment
- Double click any service in the appointment that you wish to edit.
- A small menu will appear with multiple options. Choose the Edit button.
- Make any adjustments you wish to make for the appointment.
- Choose the Save button at the bottom
How to delete an appointment
- Double click any service in the appointment that you wish to delete.
- A small menu will appear with multiple options. Choose the Cancelled button.
- You will be asked if you're sure you wish to cancel the client's appointment. Choose the Yes button.
- If the appointment was made up of more than one service you'll be asked if you'd like to cancel all appointments for the client or just the service. If you choose All it will delete all the appointments in that group of services for that client for that day. If you choose Service it will only delete the service that you double clicked before choosing Cancel. Put another way, if you want to delete all the services for that client for that day press ALL, otherwise press Service just to delete part of the appointment.
Further options for creating appointments
When creating or editing an appointment there are many other options. We will take you through them here:
- Preferred Employee - You can specify a preferred employee if the client is one that only wants to see that employee. What that means is if you then try and drag the appointment to another staff member Salon Swift will warn you that the client really would rather see the preferred employee and ask if you're really sure you want to move it. Also, next time you book that client, Salon Swift can alert you which employee that client prefers by flashing this area red. There is a specific help document you can read on preferred employee's at How to Assign a Preferred Employee.
- Previous Employee - This is simply a handy indicator to let you know who last saw the client.
- Time - Although you have to double click a time to create an appointment this little time editor lets you make an adjustment whilst you're creating the appointment if required.
- Apointment tags - These need to be turned on in your system settings for them to be visible. If they are turned on and setup (read Appointment_Settings#Tagging for more info) then you can set specific tags to the appointment. These tags also place a small coloured box in the appointment to draw your eye to them if required.
- Client's Service History - This handy little box shows you the client's previous services so you don't have to go hunting for them anymore. If a client calls and says they want to book a colour and haircut (as an example) you can see what colour they had by their last services. to book the appointment simply double click the previous service and it will appear in the Services Selected for Appointment box, ready for you to complete.
- Notes - There is a notes tab you can click on and write notes for the appointment. Please note that these are linked only to the appointment. Common examples could include: "Client has long thick hair, needs extra time" or "Client wasn't happy last time with the colour, give a thorough consultation".
- Client Info - This tab shows you extra details on the client to help ensure you're dealing with the correct client.
- Basic / Advanced view buttons - These simply show a basic appointment creation box or an advanced appointment creation box. We recommend keeping it on advanced.