From Salon Software Help
Marking Colour / Basin / Professional / Technical stock as used
To adjust your Professional/Technical stock levels choose Menu - Products - Bucket List
Stock classed as Professional or Technical doesn't get automatically deducted as you use it like Retail stock does as it isn't sold at any point in the POS section like Retail stock does.
To overcome this we need a way to let Salon Swift know you've used the stock and therefore we have a tool called the "Bucket List". It's named the Bucket List as many businesses throw their used colour or shampoo bottles etc into a bucket and at the end of the week use this bucket to count what they've used.
To use the Bucket List
- At the top of the screen are three Toggle Buttons "Technical Stock", "Professional Stock" and "Both". If you only want to look at Technical Stock and not Professional Stock, press the Technical Stock button and unpress the Professional Stock button. Althernatively, for simplicity, leave the Both button pressed, this will show all the stock.
- Look through your "bucket" and one by one, find the item in the left hand "List of Stock" area and either Double Click the item or Scan itwith your barcode scanner.
- The item will appear on the right hand side in the "Used Stock" area.
- If you have more than one of the same item (EG: 2), simply double click it twice or scan it twice with your scanner and you will see the Used number on the right increase. Alternatively, just change the used number on the right to the number you want it to be.
- Once done simply press the Save buttonand your stock levels will be adjusted.
- Note: You will be asked for a Reason when you press save. A Notes box will appear, simply type why you're adjusting the stock (EG: "Getting ready for next order") and press the Done button.
In the middle of the screen is a "Commonly Used Favourites" list. This keeps track of the items you use most of and places them at the top to make it easier to double click them if you don't use a barcode scanner. Using this area is the same as using the area to the left (the List of Stock area) but it makes it easier to find the products you use most. It's not required to use this, but it's helpful at times.