From Salon Software Help
Waiting lists / Cancellation Lists
Waiting List Concepts
- A waiting list is a list of clients who are looking for an appointment but couldn't get one because the employee was too busy to serve them. Often, when a space becomes available in a business by a client canceling, the business will call people on the waiting list to see if they would like to come in now the space is free.
- Waiting lists in Salon Swift are a simple to use yet more flexible take on this approach
- If you imagine that every page in the appointment book has a second page hidden behind it (a bit like tracing paper), then it may help you visualise how they work. You use the second (waiting list) page to book appointments for people in the waiting list and if a space becomes available you move them from the waiting list page to the main appointment book page.
How to create a waiting list appointment
- In the Appointment Book, choose the Waiting List button on the right hand side of the screen
- The waiting list page appears, now simply create an appointment in the time and column the client wishes to have their appointment
- Once the appointment has been created, press the Waiting List button again to return to the normal appointment book page
How to know when I have a client in my waiting list
- If you have an appointment in the waiting list you will see the Waiting List button will have a number beside it saying how many people in total are in the waiting list for that day (each day can have its own list). There is also a flashing icon to let you know.
- To see if you specifically have anyone in your column, there will be a number (EG: (2)) next to the date at the top of your column letting you know how many people you have waiting in your column in the waiting list.
How to move a client from the waiting list to the normal appointment book
- Enter the waiting list by choosing the Waiting List button.
- Single click a service in the waiting list who's client you want to bring into the normal book
- Choose the Cut button on the right of the screen
- Choose the Waiting List button to return to the normal book
- Single click where you want the appointment to go and it will be Cut from the Waiting List and Pasted into the normal appointment book
Other things to note
- You don't need to delete an appointment from the waiting list if the space never became available. Salon Swift treats the waiting list as "maybe appointments" and doesn't require they are taken to POS or cancelled. They can just be left there if the space never became free.