Merging duplicate clients
To access the Merge Client Tool choose the Client Menu on the left then Merge Tool.
As you use Salon Swift for a while (and particularly if you've imported your data from another system) you'll find you'll have some duplicate clients that you have to deal with. You can either Delete one of the duplicate clients or you can merge them together. Merging is a great option as it merges appointments, technical histories, service and product histories and much more.
- The Merge Tool looks for similar names, phone numbers and addresses and suggests to you clients that may be duplicates
- You can adjust the way the tool looks for duplicates to get better results
- After you've merged 2 clients you can NOT un-merge them.
- When performing a merge, Salon Swift considers the first clicked client to the Main Client. That is, any details that conflict with the Old Client you want to merge, it will choose the details from the Main Client over the Old Client. Be sure to choose the client who's details are most accurate when choosing the Main Client.
How to merge duplicate clients
- When the merge tool is loaded it does a quick scan to see which clients it thinks are duplicates, they appear in the middle of the screen
- If you want to expand the search or change the options, choose the search options on the right. These include:
- Mobile number (look for clients with the same number)
- Name (look for clients with the same name)
- Similar Name (look for clients who's name is not identical, but close to identical)
- Email (look for clients with the same email address)
- Address (look for clients with the same postal address)
- Select the Main Client by clicking on their name once in the list in the middle of the screen. That is, the one who's details you want to have priority over the others. Their name will appear in the Main Client area on the right.
- Now select the Old Client. That is, the client who is the same person as the Main Client, but who's details aren't as accurate. (You may choose many Old Clients in the case of having more than 2 of the same person in the system).
- Press the Merge button on the right. Caution! Don't press the Merge All button unless you want it to merge ALL the clients in the list.
- If you chose the wrong client by accident, press the Clear button on the right to reset the process and start again choosing the Main Client first, then the Old Client.
Also the Merge Tool merges everything in the software to the Main Client.