Editing and Adding products
To Add or Edit products please choose Menu - Product - Product Add / Edit
Creating a New Product
- Press the Add New Product button at the top of the screen.
- Enter or choose a Brand for the product (if the brand doesn't exist, type it in and it will automatically add a new brand)
- Enter or choose a Line for the product (if the line doesn't exist, type it in and it will automatically add a new line)
- Enter a Name for the Product
- Enter a Sale Price (the price you sell the product to your customer for)
- If you have a barcode scanner, move the cursor to the Barcode input and "blip" the product's barcode with your barcode scanner. It will appear in the barcode input
If you want your product to appear at the Point of Sale so you can sell it to a client, you must choose Retail Product. If you don't choose Retail Product it will not appear at the Point of Sale screen.
- Choose your product type (Technical (often colour for hair salons), Retail or Professional (often basin stock for hair salons))
- The settings below (tax etc) are auto ticked for you depending on the product type you've chosen. You are free to change them if you wish though
Each service and stock item can have its own "Commission Category". You can define this by simply typing or choosing a category from the list. If there are none in the list, simply type a new one and it will be created and appear next time you choose this option.
- Press the Stock/Supplier Tab at the top of the screen to get to these settings
- Enter your unit price for this product (the price you pay when you purchase it)
- 'The system will show you your markup on this product based on your purchase price.
- Enter your current stock if you know if (if you don't it's OK as you can do a Stock Take later to set your stock levels)
- Choose your supplier (if there are none in the list you must add a Supplier in the Suppliers screen)
- If your supplier requires a Product ID you can enter one here (not required)
- Enter your Level Set. The Level Set is the recommended stock level. IE: How many items of this product you want on the shelf when a fresh order has come in and you're fully stocked. High selling products will be more (eg 4 or 6) and low selling products will be lower (eg 1 or 2). Salon Swift uses this number when processing orders and will suggest an order to you based on how many products you have in stock and how many you WANT in stock, based on the Recommended Stock number.
- If your suppliers makes you purchase more than one at a time (eg, your products come in bundles of 2 or 4 etc) you must enter how many come in at once with the Minimum Order #. If you are allowed to order 1 at a time, simply leave this at 0
- If you want to be alerted when the stock falls below a certain level choose a number at the Alert when below input. It's not recommended for most items, but you may have some specific items that you really don't want to run out of and Salon Swift will alert you when you start to run low.
When you're happy press the Save button.
Editing an Existing Product
Finding the product you want to edit
- In the list of products on the left of this screen open the Brand by clicking the arrow or plus beside the name or by double clicking the Brand name
- Now find the Line the product lives in and open this the same way
Editing a selected product
- After you've opened the Brand and Line, find the product name you wish to edit and simply click the name and the properties for that product will appear on the right for you to edit
- After finishing editing, press the Save button