Manual adjustment of stock levels, up or down
To adjust your stock levels choose Menu - Products - Stock Adjustment
The stock adjustment tool is used in many situations including the following:
- When you order stock outside of Salon Swift's stock order tool and want to still make your stock levels accurate
- If you have multiple salons and want to transfer stock from one salon to the other
- If you want to take stock home for personal use and want it deducted from the levels in Salon Swift
There are many other potential reasons, but they are the normal uses.
To make a stock adjustment
- To make a stock adjustment choose the New Adjustment button at the top.
- Choose either Stock In or Stock Out at the top of the middle column, this will allow you to decrease or increase your stock levels.
- Either Double clickthe stock you want to transfer in or out or use your barcode scanner to "blip" the stock in or out.
- If you want to transfer more than 1 of the same item, simply double click (or scan) it twice.
- As you double click the stock it will appear on the right hand "Stock adjustment" area, showing you the adjustment and how many you now have in stock
- Type a reason for the adjustment in the Reason box (in the top right). If you DON'T put a reason in you will be asked for a reason when you press Save.
- Press the Save button and your stock levels will now be adjusted.
To edit a stock adjustment
- In the Adjustment History column on the left, choose the adjustment you want to edit.
- Make any changes required in the Stock Adjustment area on the very right of the screen.
- Press the Save button.
You can filter by Brand when adjusting your stock by selecting the brand at the very top of the middle column. This helps with clarity if you have a lot of stock.