Using Tags when marketing so you don't SPAM your clients
To use the instructions on this page you must be using the Mailshot tool. Choose Menu - Marketing - Mailshot
Imagine you want to send some marketing to your clients but you only sent some a couple of days ago to a specific group of your clients. You probably don't want to market to them again, for fear of being a SPAMMER and upsetting the clients. This document shows how you can use the Tags feature of Salon Swift to ensure you keep your clients happy and don't SPAM them.
Tags is a TWO STEP PROCESS.
- When you send your marketing you Tag the client, so Salon Swift knows you marketed to them
- Then, when you do your NEXT marketing run, you can ask Salon Swift not to send to those that have been Tagged (and other cool options).
STEP 1 : Tagging Clients when sending a marketing campaign
- When creating a marketing workflow, at the very end step (either SMS or Email) you must type a Tag into the Tag Client withbox.
- Note there are some predefined tags like Marketing, Reminder and Promotion. You can choose one of these or type your own. Try and make the tag make sense. EG: If you're sending a marketing run, choose Marketing, if you're sending a specific marketing run, say for people who haven't been back in ages you could create a tag called Non Return Marketing.
- When you then run the mailshot and send out your marketing Salon Swift will put a hidden "Tag" for each of those clients saying when the marketing was sent, and what the tag was called. This info is then used next time you do marketing. See the next step for more info.
STEP 2 : Using the Filter by Tag option to keep your clients happy
NOTE: Although this second step is being demonstrated to NOT send marketing to clients so you don't SPAM them it can also be used to target people you've marketing to before. Very useful for follow up marketing etc.
- Create a marketing workflow like normal (for instructions on this please see Example Marketing Workflows
- Before finalising the workflow by performing a Final Action - Send Email / Send SMS you need to choose Client Filter > Filter by Tag
- Choose the options as follows:
- Filter Client's who (Have / Haven't)
- been tagged with (choose the same Tag you chose in step 1)
- within (choose or type a new time frame)
- EG: You could choose Clients who Haven't been tagged with Marketing in 4 months, or you could choose something like Clients who Have been tagged with Non Return Marketing in 1 year.
- When you finalise your marketing workflow and press the Go button, Salon Swift will obey the Tagging rules you've set and only market to those specific people.
- Remember, for this to work properly, Step 1 must have been performed.
We HIGHLY recommend you Tag your clients EVERY time you market to them. It's common to just use the pre defined tag "Marketing".