The people you purchase your supplies from
To get to the Suppliers screen choose Menu - Products - Supplier Manager
Suppliers are the people you purchase your products from.
A common mistake here is to put the Brand of the product as your supplier. Whilst this can be true at times (eg: L'Oreal may supply L'Oreal) most of the time it's not true. IE: Supplier Norris may supply your colour product.
Salon Swift uses the Suppliers to associate with products so when you place orders, it knows which supplier it should send the order to.
How to create a supplier
- Press the Add Supplier button at the top of the screen
- Give the supplier a Name (Eg: Norris)
- Enter the supplier details, including email address if you want to email your orders and phone numbers if you want to call the orders through.
When printing an order in the Place Order tool Salon Swift will use the supplier details you add in this screen to make separate orders per supplier and will provide you their contact details etc when it prints the order (or emails it).
It's worth being thorough on this screen for making life easier when placing orders.
How to assign a supplier to a product
Once you have created the supplier you can now link the supplier to a certain product.There are 2 ways that this can be done.
- A quick way of entering a supplier for multiple products is to go to Menu - Product - Master View and on the very right hand side column select a supplier for each product with the drop down menu.
- The supplier can also be assigned to a product by going to Menu - Product - Add/Edit - Choose the product from the list on theft hand side menu and go to Stock / supplier at the top of the menu.
How to remove a supplier from a product
- The supplier can be unassigned to the the product by choosing (clear) in the supplier drop down menu.