To get to the Finance settings screen choose Menu - Admin - System - Configure then click the Finance Tab.
These settings are all about the financial side of the business. Tax rates, credit card surcharges... all the fun stuff!
- Sales Tax - In Australia this is the GST rate or 10%. Set your country/regions sales tax here.
- Float Balance - How much money do you have in the cash drawer when each day starts?
- Credit Card Surcharge - If you charge extra on credit card transactions, enter the percentage here and it will automatically be applied at POS when credit cards are used.
- If item discounted award client reward points? - If you have setup a client reward scheme (read more at Setting up client rewards) you can decide here whether or not a client gets rewards on items that are discounted.
- Employee Commission, Calculate by item Gross Value - When calculating commissions for employees, do you want it calculated by net or gross?
- Show reports without tax? - Ticking this will default the reports to show Ex Tax figures. You can still view the Inc Tax figures in each report with an option to the right of each report. Please note some reports are only going to show Inc Tax figures (cashing up reports etc).
- Custom Logo - When printing your reports you can have your own custom logo in the top right corner rather than ours. Choose the image file and it will appear in your reports.
- Custom Slogan - This is the message under each logo. It could be your website, your slogan, the salon location if a franchise.