To setup Points choose Menu - Admin - Point of Sale - Client Rewards.
Clients can be rewarded by giving them "Points" when they visit and spend a certain amount of money with you. You can give them points for spending on services and/or on products. It's up to you. Rewarding client loyalty is not a new thing and it's a very powerful way of keeping your customers loyal, coming back to you.
- Each Point that you give a client can depend on how much they spent. IE: You may give them one point for every $1 spent, or 1 point for every $10 spent.
- Each Point may be worth whatever you want it to be worth. IE: 1 Point may be worth $1 or 1 Point may be worth $0.10c. Again, it's all up to you.
How to setup Points
- Choose the Create New button at the top of the screen.
- Enter a name in the Reward Package Name input.
- Decide what each point will be worth and enter this figure into the Point Value input.
- If you want to give points for product sales enter a dollar value that the client must spend to receive a point in the Products Purchased input.
- Enter how many points the client will get for spending that amount in products in the Product Point Rewarded input.
- If you want to give points for service sales enter a dollar value that the client must spend to receive a point in the Services Purchased input.
- Enter how many points the client will get for spending that amount in services in the Service Point Rewarded input.
- If you want this new Reward Package/Points Package to be applied to all clients that have none assigned, tick the Default for new clients checkbox. This will apply the Reward Package to all those clients after you press the Save Button when done.
- When you're finished Press the Save button.
It's common to have an idea similar to "When my clients spend $10 I will give them 1 point and that point will be worth $1". What you are in effect doing is giving your clients 10% back in points.
The problem with that example is the client must reach $10 to get the points. If they spend $9.90 they simply won't receive them. In this way your client is missing out.
The way to fix that problem is to give your client 1 point for every $1 they spend and make the points value to be $0.10c. This way you are still giving the client 10% back and they will always get their reward points.
You can change this to whatever figure you wish, depending on what percent you wish to give your client. For example, if you wish to give them 5% back, make your points worth $0.05c each.
- To see how to individually assign a Reward Package to a specific Client please read the Editing Clients page.
- To see how a Client can redeem their points please read the Redeeming Points page.