Placing Product Orders
To place an order choose Menu - Products - Place Order
The Place Order tool should only be used after you've:
The Place Order tool allows you to place an order very quickly (within a couple of minutes at the most) and will even tell you what your order will come to before you place it, allowing you to make adjustments if the cost is too high for example.
The Place Order tool needs to have the Suppliers and Products setup properly to work, and needs Salon Swift to have had at least one stocktake performed before use.
In general you only need to Stock Take every few months to ensure stock levels are accurate (the levels accuracy erodes from things like staff theft, loss, taking products home, etc). After one stocktake you can usually ignore stock taking for a few months and just place and receive orders as you need to.
Placing an Order
- Press the New Order button at the top of the scren. This starts the Product Ordering Wizard which will guide you through the order
- Press Next in the bottom right corner. The screen then shows a list of all your products on the left and on the right is a blank space where you will place the products you want to order.
- Press the Auto Add Items button and Salon Swift will suggest an order for you. It will place the products it thinks you need into the right hand side of the screen.
Focusing on specific brands, suppliers or product types
If you want to be more specific about what suppliers etc you're ordering from, before pressing the Auto Add Items button, select the Filter by Supplier and Filter by Type drop down boxes to choose specific suppliers and / or stock types. After choosing the specific types you can then press the Auto Add Items button and it will only add from the types you've filtered.
- Look at the levels that Salon Swift has chosen and if you want to make an adjustment to the suggested order simply change the numbers in the Order column on the right side of the screen.
- When you think you're ready press the Next button on the bottom right hand side of the screen.
Reviewing and adjusting the order
The following screen shows the order ready to print.
- You can review the order and if you decide you'd like to change the order simply press the Back button in the bottom right hand side of the screen.
- To adjust, simply change the number in the Order column again until you're happy and press the Next button again to re-read the order and see if it suits.
Finalising the order
- Once you're happy with the number of items you're ordering and what you're paying for the order simply press the Next button
The following screen let's you choose to either print the orders (so you can fax or call them through on the phone) or email the orders.
- Choose the method you prefer and the order will be printed or emailed
- Press the Finish button and the order is complete
Salon Swift will take you back to the Place Order main page where you can view outstanding orders (orders that have not yet been received).
- If you made a mistake with an order you can delete it with the delete button at the bottom of the screen. This is a rare situation where you can delete something in Salon Swift.