To get to the POS settings screen choose Menu - Admin - System - Configure then click the Point of Sale Tab then the Prompts Tab.
The POS area can behave quiet differently from business to business. Use this section to modify how you want the POS area to work for you.
- Remind employees to enter technical histories - When ticked you will be prompted after every POS transaction to enter the technical history. this CAN be annoying but some salons require it. Untick it if you don't want it asking each time.
- Remind employees to rebook once a client sale has completed - This recommended setting prompts the employees to rebook the client when the POS transaction has finished. Tick this to enable it.
- Include missing payments on client checkout from old unpaid appointments - If for some reason a client has left the salon without paying and it was never finalized in Salon Swift, the POS screen can automatically bring their outstanding transaction into the POS area when they next appear. It CAN be a bit confusing and it's a rare thing. For this we recommend you don't tick it, but there are some businesses that do use it.
- Prompt for the previous price given to a client on their next purchase - This feature will take note of any reduced or raised pricing offered to a client on their last visit and automatically change the price on this visit. It's very handy for clients that regularly pay less than the standard price. IE: Old Mary Smith may only pay $10 for her haircut and everyone else pays $20. When this is ticked Mary will automatically have her price reduced to $10 at POS and you'll be notified it's happened.
- Allow empty/invalid clients to purchase an item - When ticked it is possible to make an appointment for a client with little or no information.
- When some of the clients details are missing, remind the employee to ask for the missing details? (Birthdays for marketing) - This one is pretty self explanatory. After each POS transaction has finished, if the client is missing details the system will prompt you to collect them. This is recommended to have ticked.
- When a transaction is held but not yet complete the appointment book is updated to any changes made to service the......
- When selling an item to a client ,the clients previous employee is chosen automatically over the employee logged in.
- Display Shortcut POS buttons.This takes some screen space from the POS prchase table, but does make adding sales items quicker - When ticked it give you the option to search for products and services.
- Rebook seek forward count - This option lets you pick the default time when re booking a client from the Checkout.
- Vouchers created at POS expire by default in (months) - How long do your gift vouchers expire in? 6 months? 12 months? Please note that if you put in 6 months, as soon as it's 1 day past 6 months the voucher can't be used. For this reason we recommend allowing an extra month (7 in this example) so you can be nice to the client and still allow it if you so choose.
- Pop Cash Drawer Settings - The cash drawer will pop on Cash by default but not on EFTPOS, CC, etc. You can choose here what you want it to open with.
- Enabled Credit Cards - Salon Swift by default only has one type of credit card, called Credit Card. This is fine for many businesses but some want a breakdown of the type of credit cards. If you want to do this, select the type of credit cards you want to keep track of from this list and next time you do a credit card transaction at the POS it will then ask you what kind of card it was.
- Disable tip popup and default to change only - If this option is left unticked, when small change is left after a transaction a popup message will ask if you want to process the change as a tip.
- Disable cheque button - When ticked the cheque button in the POS payments section will not greyed out.
- Display a custom message when creating a new transaction - You can have a custom message appear each time you go to POS. Examples include "have you sold retail to this client?". It's a handy tool but it can get distracting and employees will often get used to ignoring it quickly to move forward. It's there if you want to use it.
- Prompt for Receipt? - If you want to print receipts for your clients each time, enable this tickbox and you will be asked if you want to print a receipt each time a POS transaction finishes.
- Display a receipt preview before print? - Enabling this will show you a little preview of the receipt before printing it.
- Don't display client contact details on receipt - This is a great security feature that will only say the client's name on the receipt, not their address or phone number etc. This is useful in stopping employees stealing client contact details.
- Message displayed at the bottom of the receipt - When printing a receipt it's sometimes nice to have a "thank you for visiting us" type message.
- Message displayed at the top of the quote - Quotes require specific messages. An example is "This quote is valid for 14 days from the date quoted".