To get to the email settings screen choose Menu - Admin - System - Configure then click the Communication Tab then the Email Tab.
These are the tech settings which allow Salon Swift to email your clients and talk to other computers in your network (if you have more than one computer running salon swift). Some are tech heavy (network settings) and require assistance, others are simple (like email settings) and you should be able to setup yourself.
- Salon Email Address - Your email address the clients will see and respond to
- Email Display Name - The "From" field in the email sent to the clients
- Emailing Method- There are multiples, we highly recommend Salon Swift for ease of use.
- Custom - This allows you to enter your own custom settings. Beware you're not marked as a spammer when using these.
- Salon Swift - Our own custom server. Using this is dead easy to setup and your messages won't be treated as spam by the large providers
- SendGrid - If you have a sendgrid account you can enter your details here
- Gmail - If you have a Gmail account you can enter your details here. Beware! Gmail have restricted their daily limit of emails allowed to be sent and you may not get your email out using this method.
- None - Don't email at all
- Send Test Email button - Press this after you've setup the email and it will let you know if it was successful or not.
A note on this. The easiest way is to enter your email address, your display name and choose Salon Swift as the method. Pressing the test button will nearly always get a successful connection. Be sure your internet is on though!
Salon Network Tab
These settings are advanced and we recommend they don't be changed at all. Please call your support representative regarding any help with the salon network.
Online Services Tab
These settings are somewhat simple to use with a few little tech bits thrown in.
- Enable Online Booking - tick this to allow your Salon Swift to talk to our online booking server
Staff and Services Tab
- Your Public ID - This is the ID that links your salon to the online system. You won't need it but it will be required when first setting up your website, so your website can link to your Salon Swift.
- Live Link - Again, you won't need this regularly, it's the link you'll need when setting up your website.
- Staff Visible Online - Simply choose the staff that can appear on the online booking website
- Services Available Online - Choose the services that can be booked online
Booking Confirmation Tab
- Confirmation Email - This is the document/email that will be sent when a client books online to confirm the booking
- Cancellation Email - If you cancel the booking this is the document/email that will be sent to the client who was cancelled
- Confirmation SMS - The same as confirmation email, but an SMS
- Cancellation SMS - The same as cancellation email, but an SMS