Remembering which Employee a Client prefers
Preferred Employee Concepts
- By default there is no preferred employee, Salon Swift assumes all clients are happy with all employees.
- If you do assign a preferred employee, Salon Swift will remember this and try its best to make you aware of it to ensure the client does get the employee they prefer.
How to Assign a Preferred Employee
When Booking an Appointment
When booking an appointment in the appointment book do the following:
- Double Click on the appointment book where you want the appointment
- Type the Client's Name
- In the Preferred Employee area:
- Make sure the correct employee is selected
- Place a tick in the tickbox under their name
- Complete the appointment creation like normal
The employee is now the client's preferred employee and you will be alerted every time you book an appointment for that client as the Preferred Employee area of the new appointment screen will flash red to alert you that client has a preferred employee.
When Creating or Editing a Client
Another way to assign a preferred employee is when you're adding or editing a client. For full details on assigning a preferred employee whilst adding or editing clients please read the Misc topic in the Add Client Tool section.
Changing a Preferred Employee
You can either edit a client and change their preferred employee or you can simply change the preferred employee when booking an appointment (as above). Salon Swift will remember any changes you make to the preferred employee settings.
Being Alerted of the Client Wanting a Particular Employee
Now that you've created a preferred employee and created an appointment you will see a small Lock Icon in the appointment block. This indicates the appointment is locked to that employee.
If you try and move the appointment block to another employee Salon Swift will still let you move it but will ask permission first, telling you they would rather be with the employee they've booked with.
If you hover your mouse over the appointment book and get the popup window showing appointment details you'll also be alerted the client prefers a particular employee.