Online booking feature enables a unique web page that is linked to your calendar in salon swift.
it looks like a lot of work, but the instructions are simply quite detailed and it should only take 10-30 minutes total to get ready.
Step 1: Turning on Online booking:
- Choose Menu - Admin - System - Configure (Pressing F12 will also take you here)
- Choose the Email/Network/Online tab
- Choose the Online Booking tab
- Tick the Enable Online Booking tick box at the top of the screen
Step 2: Assigning staff and choosing the services which the client's can pick from:
- Place a tick next to the staff members name which will be able to be chosen when booking online
- Now place a tick next to the service names which your clients will be able to choose from when booking online
- Note: sometimes the client's will get confused with some internal names such as 3/4 Head Foils, Balayage and others. They may not be totally sure what that means. In this situation it's worth creating a special set of services, that are only used in online booking. Examples may include:
- Ladies Colour
- Men's Colour
- Ladies Style Cut
- Men's Style Cut
- Children's cut
Step 3: Providing feedback to the client when they make a booking:
When a client makes a booking, it is considered "Tentative" until you confirm it. The client can receive the following messages:
- Message thanking them and letting them know the appointment is tentative
- Message letting them know the appointment has been approved
- (or) Message letting them know the appointment has been declined
To setup the Tentative message:
- Choose the Tentative Confirmation tab at the top
- Type a message into the email area (Subject and Email Content area).
- Choose the SMS tab and create a message for the client to receive an SMS also (they will receive both email and SMS this way to be sure they get the message)
To setup the Verified message:
- Choose the Verified Confirmation tab at the top
- Create a confirmation message in the Swift word processor, give full details of your address and any other info you need and save this on your computer. (we have templates available)
- Create a cancellation message in the Swift word processor, let them know you'll call them back to arrange another time in this email and save this on your computer. (we have templates available)
- Enter messages into the confirmation and cancellation areas for the SMS
- Press the Save Button on bottom left and that's it, the majority of the work is done. All that's left us for us to help get it plugged into your website or Facebook page.