Why would I want this?
Say for example you have a hair salon, and in that salon you have a reception computer with Salon Swift, and one in the back colour room. In this situation, you may want to place further restrictions on the back room computer, so the staff have less chance of taking client data home with them.
Salon Swift has the ability to allow a user (employee) to login wiht the same PIN, but depending on which machine they log in with, Salon Swift will allow different access. In this way, you can keep that back room computer safe as can be, whilst still allowing more access on the front computer, where everyone can see what's happening.
How do I set it up?
It's actually very easy and is linked to the topic of Security Group Setup. Once you have your security groups all setup and ready to go, you can then refine which machine has different/higher levels of security.
- Choose Menu - Admin - Employees - Security Group Setup
- Select the Security Group you want to adjust (EG: Junior Access)
- Look at the drop down menus at the top, you will see one called Machine. Drop down this menu and choose the computer you want to further restrict.
- Note: Choosing "This Machine" from the dropdown will allow you to edit the machine you're controlling now. Once you've changed the Machine Dropdown and chosen a specific machine, you're now setting the security overrides separate to the rest of the machines in the network,
- On the right hand colum you will see overrides for this security group on this machine. Mark as Enabled or Mark as Disabled the security options that you wish to adjust for the machine you've selected from above only. Remember, these will only affect the user when they login to that particular machine, not on any others in the network.
- Note: If there are some items you don't need changed, just leave them as Default. This will simply copy what's in the left hand column.
- Once done, press the Save Button on the bottom left and your changes will take place.