What happens if you have an out of town client / tourist client that books in for a visit?
If you book them as say "Walk In" that's fine. Then what happens when another books on that same day? Do you book in with "Walk In 2" and "Walk In 3" etc?
We have a new feature where you can book in unnamed clients now using only their telephone number. In this way, you have them in for a booking, you have their phone number, but you're not recording them as a long term client.
This is particularly handy when booking say a Bridal party from interstate. You can book them all in individually with their phone numbers and not have to keep them as long term clients.
How to book
- Create an appointment like normal.
- Now rather than typing the client's name, skip straight to the phone number section and enter their phone number.
- Finalise the booking like normal (still without the name)
Now what happens?
If you see the appointment, the client is booked in as unknown with their phone number. This is exactly the same as a Walk In except you can now book many Walk In's on the one day without worrying about making lots of duplicate clients.
What about after the transaction is complete?
After the transaction is complete you can simple ignore the user from now on as they are finished and hidden away.
What if they decide to come back and are no longer a walk in?
- Simply click on the appointment and you'll see a ? appear in the client menu on the left.
- Click the client's ? name and choose Edit Details.
- From there you can enter their full details and turn them from a Walk In client into a fully registered client.