Although you can report on the categories of services and the lines of products, sometimes you'd like to make your own groupings or categories for reporting purposes.
For this we have what is called "Commission Categories".
Imagine you wanted to setup all your colour services (foils, semi, permanent, etc) as one reporting category. In this case "Chemical". You can do this with commission categories then view in certain reports just those categories.
How to setup
- Choose Menu - Services - Add / Edit
- Select the first service you wish to add a commission category to
- Change the name of the category (or give it a new name) as shown in the image below
- Continue moving through each service assigning the Commission Category names
Is there a quicker way?
Indeed there is. Once you've setup the initial category names in a few of the services head to the master view:
- Menu - Services - Master View
- Select the drop down box in the Commission Category column next to the service you want to change. Change it to the Commission Category you want it to be set to.
- Do this for the remainder of the services (as shown in the image below).
Is it just services, what about products?
It's not just services, the exact same method is used for services as it is for products. Simply head to Menu - Products - Add /Edit to work with products as well as Menu - Products - Master View and do the same steps outlined above.
Where can I see these figures?
Check out some of the commission reports. For example:
- Menu - Reports - Service Reports - Commission Category Breakdown
Q: I view the commission breakdown reports and others and they're not showing all my income
A: This is because not all your services/products have a commission category attached. If you don't have a commission category attached to a product or service it will be ignored in those reports.